Latest Entries »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tyre Rotation

Went and did my tyre rotation yesterday. After finding a few tyre shops in Semenyih, finally decided to let the goodyear dealer do it for me. It was located on the busy street of Semenyih beside BHP. He looks honest and did a great job.

Rotation + balancing + allignment = RM30

After doing rotation and balancing, this shows on the screen when he was doing allignment settings. From it, he told me that my front tyres are a little bit toe in... He set both tyres to zero toe, and job done!
Toe in, means both of my front wheels are pointing inwards. Toe out means the tyres are pointing outwards. Toe in usually eats up the outer side of tyres, that explains why my front tyres are 'botak' on the outer part! To have minimum tyre wear and power loss, it is best to have zero toe. However, Toe in usually provides stability on straight line, and toe out usualy improves turn in at a corner.

So great, let's see what happens to my not-so-used-up rear tyres which are now at the front...

Anyway, I'm back to PH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment