Latest Entries »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Tiger Year!!

Happy CNY!

Went back to Penang for CNY again. This time, we support the Plus highway 10%+10% discount on tolls. My brother left Johor 7+pm and reached house 11+pm, I woke up from my good sleep, packed our things, and head to Penang after 12am.

It was my first time driving in the middle of the night to Penang, and it was a good experience. Traffic was smooth at night, despite of the number of lorrys on the highway at night. There were so many lorrys stopping at the rest areas, and were on the road too, overtaking them is sometimes scary because of their size. To make a safe overtake, I always observe the driving style of the lorry drivers, make sure they are not sleeping, let them know that I'm overtaking, and make it fast..

Another good thing about night driving is no speed traps. Just drive at your comfortable speed. But always be alert as there are many dangerous racers out there, so always look at your mirrors! Another thing is our high beam, do not be selfish, turn it off when there are other cars opposite, or in front of you.

View of a fishing village in Sg Petani. Belongs to my uncle. Those trees are Hutan Paya, what we learnt in Geography :)
Fisihing boats, and this is the river mouth
My dad's car, and uncle's volvo. Those trolleys are used to bring the anchovies to the oven. Let it dry, then store it in a cold room. Wihout oven, they'll have to put it under the sun until it dries up.
Engine for the fishing boats!
Fish nets... and the floats.
Toilet! When you shit, your shit will fall to the ground, when the tide comes, the fishes will eat them! They love it! Yuks!


Came back home 2 days ago, and look at the jam! Whole journey from penang to PH took 6.5 hours. For the 1st time, I feel my right leg sore in a traffic jam.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment